Nothing says summer better than the sea, the beach and the boats. At least that’s the case for me. If you are one of those lucky ones and have a beach side cottage, here are some great products for you – and for the rest of us, who just want to bring a little summer into our homes.
1. IKEA Pult lamp ($9.99) can be mounted on the wall or on the ceiling. These look great in the bathroom on the both sides of your vanity mirror.
2. These 3-pc wicker storage baskets ($49.99) can be used in any room and combined with a few other accessories and summer textiles easily and inexpensively bring the beach cottage style to your home.
3. Striped Pillow ($16.95) is a find from Crate and Barrel, goes well with the coastal look but can also easily used in traditional Swedish look or combined with prints.
4-5. Fisherman ceiling and wall lamps from Pottery Barn Kids ($69) are a lot for your buck, they will make a statement and give the seaside feel to almost any room in your home. Use both or alone. I used the hanging lamp in our dine-in kitchen in our previous home.
6. And if you want to invest a little bit more for a coastal style light fixture (without having to do any wiring), check out the Japanese Float Lamp ($249). Very nice coastal feel, and you can also just get the base if you want to use a more colorful lamp shade with it, I like this simple white one. This lamp available after June 27th.
7. Just changing the towels and the shower curtain changes the look in the bathroom. The Pottery Barn Striped Americana Towel ($29) sure makes me want to go to beach.
8. I love jute rugs, even though they are not the best choice for families with small kids. They go with so many different decorating styles, and usually last long. The Dobby Jute Rug (starting at $79) would look great on wooden floors in the beach side cottage – or your city apartment.
And one of my favorite easy decorating tips… frame your favorite photos to get the look that fits the season…
Skimbaco Lifestyle is for nomadic trailblazers, fearless founders, rebel leaders and people who live life to the fullest.