Mango Salsa for Cinco de Mayo
I’ve been making different kind of salsas for a while to test different flavor mixes and to give the same old salsa a new spin. I like this mango salsa, it’s perfect with chips, but even better with fish tacos or even with grilled chicken. It would make a perfect addition to your Cinco de Mayo
Mango Salsa Recipe
1 red pepper
1 lime’s juice
dash of salt
1. If you don’t like your salsa super hot, roast the jalapeño first. Roast jalapeño in the oven on broil it for 10-15 minutes until the jalapeño looks all black. Cut the pepper open under cold running water, the cold water will make it easier to peel of the skin of the jalapeño. Peel the skin off and remove the seeds, cut in half. Mince into small.
2. Cute the mango in small pieces. It’s the easiest if you first peel the mango, then cut around the fruit and then cut through to the seed like creating a grid in the fruit as pictured. You can then carve the cubes off the flat mango seed.
3. Mince the onion and red pepper. Mix with mango and jalapeño.
4. Squeeze the lime juice and add to the salsa and add cilantro and salt to the taste.
5. Put to fridge covered for 30 minutes or so.
6. Enjoy with tortilla chips. Also great with grilled white fish.
Stay tuned for more Cinco de Mayo
party recipes and ideas.