I’ve always loved color red and red clothes! But while I had red hair it was a little … too much. Now I’m going back to my natural blonde hair (well, with a little help from Red Door Salon), I can start wearing more red clothes again. Red is very trendy this fall, and you can enjoy it ’til the rest of the year. I was reminded last February by a fashion friend that it easily starts looking too Christmasy after the Holidays… but for now – let’s enjoy red!
1. Red ShoesGet the red sexy platforms like these GUESS Amazed ($98.95) right now and think how you can rock them at your company Holiday party too. Not you? Don’t worry. You will actually make a bigger splash (literally if you wish) when you rock these red rubber boots from Clarks ($70), and what I adore even more are the Sorrel Tivoli Slip boots ($110), perfect for rain and snow days ahead (in fact, adding them to my Xmas wish list right now). All shoes from Zappos.com.
2. Red LipstickClassic, sexy, glamorous. There is nothing like red lips. Don’t overdo your makeup with strong eyes and red lips, but make red lips stand out and the perfect, and easy, finishing touch to any outfit. Be careful choosing the right shade, so it doesn’t look cheap. Try Dior Rouge in Blazing Red ($30), it doesn’t just look luxurious, it feels like it too.
3. Leather Cuff BraceletsI love bracelets and right now I’m going through a leather cuff obsession. This Tory Burch leather cuff ($95) is in my wish list. What about you? Don’t you just love bracelets?
4. Red Wool CoatIf you want to make a statement with red this fall and winter – buy a red wool coat. This double breasted military style coat by GUESS? is well priced for $148. Military style is trendy, and you’ll feel energized wearing this strong red throughout the season.
5. Red and White Stripe SweaterIf you are not quite sure about too much red – try it in stripes. This striped sweater from Forever21 is super inexpensive for $22.80 and you can give red a chance.
6. HandbagMulberry’s Bayswater has always been one of my dream bags, but for $1,150 I could get quite a few other bags instead just one… Similar type of big red tote from Fossil is only $148 at Dillards. One of the most popular bags we have seen celebrities to have this summer and fall is another Mulberry bag, the Mulberry Neely. You can get the Neely from Mulberry for $695 or check out the Scarlet Lippy Satchel at ModCloth for $60.
7. GlovesReally, red gloves deserve their own mention. And yes, I own several pairs of red gloves. Knit gloves, leather gloves, long ones and short ones. The ones pictured – $25 from ModCloth.com. Red gloves are also a great holiday gift idea!
8. UmbrellaIt’s those rainy and dark days when you need the red the most. Nothing beats a nice and cheery red umbrella. Like the Marimekko Kiku umbrella ($40).
Love those Tory Burch bracelets!!! Those are some great pics Katja.
I’m not a big red wearer but I might give it a go this season, in your honor!
Thanks Katja – I love these picks!
red shoes, red scarves, red purses….LOVE it!