IGTT Weekly Top 5
1. Featured Instagram event to followThis is easy: Olympics of course. Follow the official Olympic Instagram account, and Sochi2014 account for official images. HASHTAGS TO FOLLOW: Easiest one: #sochi2014 Some of the teams are also using their own hashtags and people at home can join. The Canadian team is using #WeAreWinter also to bring photos from back home to live and to show Canadian support for their Winter Games team. Team Usa has also been using #russiacalling and of course #teamusa.
2. Featured Instagram users at the OlympicsTeam USA: TeamUsa Canadian Olympic team CdnOlympicTeam Aksel Lund Svindal’s Instagram account asvindal is pure awesomeness of alpine ski racing. And American snowboarder HannahTeter shows some girl power. Another American snowboarder to follow is Justin_reiter British figure skater Penny Coomes shows some Olympic goodies and candid behind the scenes photos. Alpine skiing sisters from Norway MonaLoseth and NinaLoseth. Read this full list of athletes to follow on Instagram at Huffington Post Canada.
3. Featured IGTT InstagrammerMeet an amazing traveler Miret Padovani of blog Flânerie Féminine. She takes you around the world and back with her gorgeous photos. Follow her on Instagram as zurichvienna.
4. Featured IGTT post from last weekI loved the post We didn’t choose vacation, vacation chose us…kinda? at Life with The Lushers. They literally waited a certain top restaurant list to publish to make any travel reservations. And the first travel reservation they made: was to the restaurant!
5. Featured Instagram tipI was in Italy last week, and I had completely run out of out of country roaming due my trips to Denmark and Finland earlier in January and for some reason was not able to extend my monthly roaming. It was kind of a disaster from Instagram point of view – I was not able to publish many photos during the trip. What I realized was that I took even more photos than normally with my iPhone, and that resulted even more possible Instagram-ready content to be shared later on. It’s not INSTANT, but now I can actually post more photos when I didn’t use my time to publishing during the trip. It is always a good reminder to LIVE in the moment, even if it means snapping photos, than broadcasting the moment. Sometimes… you should also just put down the phone, and completely enjoy the moment.
IGTT Traveling LinkyRead more Instagram Travel posts from these new blog posts this week and add your own blog post. Not a blogger? Not a problem. Join us at Instagram by using hashtag #igtravelthursday and share your travel photos.
Bloggers! Join the Instagram Travel Thursday and Host the Linky!Bloggers, join us! Add your blog post to the Linky above, and you can also take the Linky code and add the Linky widget in your blog! Get email sent to you when the Instagram Travel Thursday linky post is up (subscribe it here). get the InLinkz code Copy and paste the following rules and the banner image when you host the Linky widget: Join us for Instagram Travel Thursday! Instagram Travel Thursday is a weekly blog post collection with a purpose to promote the great travel experts on Instagram and Instagram as a source for travel inspiration. Add your Instagram Travel-related post to the Linky. Here are the Linky rules: Link to a new Instagram travel post and use the permalink of your post, not the homepage URL. Only new posts from the week of the linky and no giveaways, other linkys or sales pitches. No links to your Instagram profile, only links to your blog. Link back to one of the Instagram Travel Thursday Linky hosts. Visit a few other posts in the linky and show them some love (comment, tweet, Pin etc.). Links that do not follow the guidelines will be removed. More information at Skimbaco Lifestyle's Instagram Travel Thursday page.
Get the banner:
My mission is to inspire you to live life to the fullest and find your own "skimbaco," how you enjoy life where ever you are in the moment. For ideas for travel, home, food and fashion, subscribe to weekly Skimbaco Lifestyle feed on Mondays and I hope you get my newsletter as well that I sent out sometimes on Fridays.
Satu VW / Destination Unknown
This is the first time ever, I’m totally missing out on Winter Olympics. It’s mainly because of our current location – New Zealand, but because of all the bad publicity this time around I’m not even that bothered about it… Although I love all the Norwegian athletes you highlighted!! And Zurichvienna, love! :)
DJ Yabis | Dream Euro Trip
It seems like #SochiProblems is more fun to follow :D
I’ve following zurichvienna for awhile now too :D
OHHH didn’t think to follow the Instagram feed either!! Guess I’ll be cheering for the Canadians!
I love your tip about being in the moment, and of course all the Olympics IGers to watch!
I am so excited that the Olympics are starting, but havent really thought about IG streams from there, so I am definitely going to check some of those out!