Why not buying water bottles is such a big deal?
– Americans use over 50 billion water bottles per year and send 38 billion water bottles to landfills annually, the equivalent of 912 million gallons of oil.
– If laid end to end, that’s enough bottles to travel from the Earth to the Moon and back 10 times.
– If placed in a landfill or littered, those bottles could take up to 1,000 years to biodegrade.
– The energy we waste using bottled water would be enough to power 190,000 homes.
– The average American uses 167 disposable water bottles per year, but only recycled 38.
– Americans used about 50 billion plastic water bottles in one year. However, the U.S.’s recycling rate for plastic is only 23 percent, which means 38 billion water bottles — more than $1 billion worth of plastic — are wasted each year.
But.. there is one but: You want your water to go!
Your best choice is a stainless steel water bottle.
Stainless steel bottles last a lifetime and are easy to clean – and water will always taste the same – good and clean.
Why not plastic?
Plastic water bottles contain chemical (bisphenol A or BPA), which can be very harmful to our health. BPA has been connected to causing hormonal problems and even cancer. Even though most reusable plastic bottles are recyclable and are a better choice than buying bottled water, the stainless steel bottles last so much longer, practically forever, that their lifespan way wins the plastic bottle’s.
Some of our favorite reusable water bottles
We’ve always likes the Stanley Brand and Sigg for water bottles and thermoses.
Skimbaco Lifestyle is for nomadic trailblazers, fearless founders, rebel leaders and people who live life to the fullest.