The Rich Life on a Picnic: Classic Wine Country Picnic Accessories
One of the most enjoyable ways to spend time in the Sonoma Wine County of California is to have a picnic, preferably at one of the many picnic-friendly wineries in Sonoma Valley. If you plan on picnicking during your wine country visit, be sure to bring along some accoutrements to make the most out of your picnic experience.
1. Govino Shatterproof Stemless Wine Glasses – 8 Pack ($25.90) You’ll most likely enjoy a bottle or two of wine, depending on how many people you’re picnicking with. Be sure to bring along enough non-breakable wine glasses with you so everyone can enjoy a little vino in style . I like these Govino stemless glasses. They are shatterproof, re-useable, recyclable and they’re comfortable to hold with their characteristic side indentation.
2. Nicholas VinOair Wine Aerator ($15.23) Get the most out of your wine by using an aerator. The VinOair aerator allows your wine to “open”. It’s like instantly decanting your wine. The great thing about VinOair aerator is that it’s attached to a pour spout for a no-mess aeration.
3. Tovolo Outdoor Wine Bamboo Table ($21.14) Simply push the spike of this Tovolo Outdoor Wine Bamboo Table into the ground and you’ve got yourself a instant stable surface in which to set your wine glasses and food. No more spilling wine on your picnic blanket and your clothes!
4. Picnic Time Circo Cheese Set($24.17) What’s the perfect accompaniment to wine? Cheese, of course! This Circo Cheese Set is made for a wine country picnic. With four different cheese knives and cutting board, you will be able to slice your favorite hard cheeses and spread your softer, creamier cheeses with ease. And the board has storage inside to keep all of your pieces in one handy place.
5. Picnic Time Canasta Picnic Basket, Brown ($36.76) Bring your picnic goods to the winery in style with this classic picnic basket. Use the lid to not only keep everything where it’s supposed to be during transport but as a table top during your picnic. The cloth lining is removable and the long straps make for easy carry.
6. Mega Mat Small Mega Mat Sea Breeze Stripe ($24.99) No picnic is truly a picnic without a blanket on which to sit, eat and enjoy your company. This 5 feet by 4 feet acrylic mat is big enough for four people, washable and it comes with a convenient pouch. You can leave the blanket in your car just in case you feel like having an impromptu picnic!
Now all you need is some wine, cheese, lunch meats, a baguette and a place to eat and relax.
Here are some of my favorite places to picnic in Sonoma Valley:
Chateau St. Jean Winery Landmark Winery Bartholomew Park Winery Benziger Family Winery
I have a passion for fashion! If you do too, consider subscribing to once a week emailed Skimbaco Fashion feed and never miss my fashion post.
Skimbaco Lifestyle is for nomadic trailblazers, fearless founders, rebel leaders and people who live life to the fullest.