Join us for Instagram Travel ThursdayI started the Instagram Travel Thursday to unite travelers on Instagram. We’ve had hundreds of bloggers and Instagrammers participating to our weekly Linky, and adding travel photos on Instagram with #IGTravelThursday hashtag. As of writing this, we have over 4,200 photos tagged with #IGTravelThursday. I have given a lot of Instagram tips, and also published excerpts from my book. I am changing my weekly posts a little bit, and for now on featuring others from our community each week. I shall call this new feature Instagram Travel Thursday Weekly Top 5, or IGTT Top 5 in short. I am so thankful that so many people have embraced my idea and joined IGTT! You can see a few of the latest photos on this interactive map. Notice: the photos need to be geo-tagged to be able to be seen in this map.
Join us hosting the IGTT Linky WidgetAnother new feature. I would like to invite YOU to join hosting the IGTT Linky on your site. We have several people who only participate on IGTT on Instagram, and a smaller group who post about Instagram Travel topic each week on our blogs. We collect all of the blog posts under a “Linky” widget (scroll down to see today’s) so they can all be found easily as a great resource. This has helped both our readers to find interesting posts to read, and travel industry people to find bloggers who are on Instagram. We’ve had a lot of interest from other bloggers to join hosting IGTT as well, and I decided to open the IGTT linky to everyone in our community. We will still have our weekly hosts among Skimbaco Lifestyle: Luxury Travel Mom, Destination Unknown, Hines Sight Blog, House of Anais, Child Mode and Live. Do. Grow., but now anyone can take our widget code and also host the linky. Each week I will feature a blogger who is hosting the linky widget. Join us and get the widget for your post today! That way also your readers can immediately access to all of the posts, and we hope to spread the word even further. More details on the bottom of this post and a link where you can get the code. Important notice: now when we are opening the linky code, we will be monitoring the links more than before, and removing all of the links that are not Instagram travel related.
IGTT Weekly Top 5I will start posting Instagram Travel Thursday Weekly Top 5 every week and feature 5 things Instagram travel related: people, hashtags, tools, blog posts and news. I will bring some of the latest news in the scene, and also feature some of my favorite photographers and travelers, as well as some lesser known Instagrammers who I think are worth the follow. Let’s get this started, shall we?
1. Instagram NewsNew and newsworthy: Phil Yisrael of Content Plus started The Insta Show, video interview series with Instagrammers. I love this idea, and learning more about (and from) some of the most prominent Instagrammers. In the first show Phil showcases Thomas Kakareko from Berlin, known as Thomas_k on Instagram. Thomas is also one of the co-owners of Visuamate, an agency that specializes in visual marketing, for example Instagram campaigns. I’ve been following both Phil and Thomas for a long time, and I hope you enjoy The Insta Show as much as I do. Make sure to follow Phil as P_d_y and TheInstaShow on Instagram and get a scoop who is the next Instagrammer interviewed in The Insta Show.
2. Featured Instagram toolInstagram tool can be a gadget for iPhones or an app to edit photos or any other “tool” each week. Today I’d like to highlight SnapWidget’s new map widget, like I featured some pictures on the map above. It’s a great way to showcase Instagram photos from a specific hashtag or user on a map on your website.
3. Featured #IGTravelThursday InstagrammerToday I would like you to meet DJ Yabis. I met DJ, aka DreamEuroTrip on my trip to Italy. We had way too much fun, and I am so excited I will see him again in Finland next month during Matkamessut, the travel trade show in Helsinki. DJ is a master in finding the best ways to travel in Europe. He has a travel service and an excellent site Dream Euro Trip. DJ’s pictures are fantastic, and he will take you around Germany, where he lives, and around Europe. I have been loving his luxury spa pictures and pictures from German Christmas markets lately. And here is DJ, pictured by me in Abruzzo, Italy at Rocca Calascio, one of the most beautiful mountaintop fortresses in the world where the final scene of the classic movie Ladyhawke was shot. Photo from his Instagram-feed.
4. Featured #IGTravelThursday Post from Last WeekI send out the IGTT newsletter each week and feature a blog post from the previous week in the newsletter (subscribe it now), and now I will start featuring a post here as well. Read Satu’s 3 Handy Mobile Gadgets to Make Outdoor and Adventure Photography Pop on Instagram. I admit, I never use anything else than iPhone, and don’t have any fancy gadgets, but would love to try some!
5. Featured #IGTravelThursday Co-HostYou all probably already know Reeta, but I can’t help but featuring her. Reeta, HouseofAnais on Instagram, joined our team this year, and she was brand new to Instagram. I’ve been so impressed of her photos and her travels this year. She is currently intagramming pictures in and around Christmassy London, and her next travels are taking her to Iceland and Israel. I loved living through her pictures also on her recent trip to Sri Lanka. You can of course get her travel stories also on her website House of Anais and here at Skimbaco Lifestyle under her Global Inspirations column. Reeta is extremely well-traveled, and just in the past two years she has lived on three different continents (in California, China and now in UK), and traveled everywhere between Bali and Paris. She is also “a castle expert” of UK, I have lost count how many castles she has visited this year!
Join the Instagram Travel Thursday and Host the Linky!Not a blogger? No problem. Join us at Instagram by using hashtag #igtravelthursday and share your travel photos, and read more from the links below. Bloggers, join us! Add your blog post to the Linky below, and you can also take the Linky code and add the Linky widget in your blog! Read the Instagram Travel Thursday rules and follow other travelers who participate to IGTT. Get email sent to you when the Instagram Travel Thursday linky post is up (subscribe it here). If you host the Linky, make sure to add the IGTT banner to your post (code below) and mention the rules. The posts that are not on the topic will be deleted from the Linky. Get the InLinkz code here
Get the banner:
My mission is to inspire you to live life to the fullest and find your own "skimbaco," how you enjoy life where ever you are in the moment. For ideas for travel, home, food and fashion, subscribe to weekly Skimbaco Lifestyle feed on Mondays and I hope you get my newsletter as well that I sent out sometimes on Fridays.
I love this new spin on things and thanks for featuring my post from last week! I just got my Olloclip and I love experimenting iPhone & Instagram photography with it.
How fun! I’m excited about figuring out how to host the linky! It might take me a minute, b/c I am always slow with something new, but maybe by next week I’ll have it figure out!
Love following Reeta on Instagram and now following DJ. Thanks Katja!!
Oops. left my comment twice bc i didn’t think it went through. Sorry! Feel free to delete duplicate. :)
Mrs. Chasing the Donkey
WOW, so much exciting news!!
Mrs. Chasing the Donkey
Doh, submitted too soon. And very exciting news at that, I just added the linky to our site :)
I am super excited about adding the linky to my website! I’ll have to tackle that next week. (New things always take me FORever. :))
I love following @HouseOfAnais (your life IS exciting!) and I have now followed DJ. Thanks so much for always pointing us to new great pictures and happenings on Instagram, Katja!
DJ Yabis | Dream Euro Trip
Oh haiiiiiii thanks for the feature Katja! Love it. And oh hello to all the others. Nice to find fellow IG addicts here. Farrah youre so cute. Anais I’m doing a Christmas market tour this month so there will be more in the next days! I will be more active in the next weeks with IGTT! Posting my IG post today :D
I think I’ve successfully added the new linkz thingy :-) Internet not behaving nicely today for me, but I did enjoy seeing the new 5 feature here even tho’ I’ve not enough ‘juice’ for the video to play. I reckon it may be this very windy weather– hope everyone is cozy indoors!
Leigh Powell Hines
I adore the new top five feature. Well done.
I love this new top 5 feature Katja! Thank you fo ralso featuring me – you make my life sound very exciting! And Farrah thank you for your compliments too. I just started following DJ and inspired by his German Christmas markets am now hunting lovely local ones to visit here – and of course hope come across one next week in Iceland…
I feel very proud of myself for already being familiar with DJ Yabis and House of Anais! They’re both great and worth follows on more than just Instagram. Dreameurotrip actually has a pretty interesting a interactive Facebook page too- additionally he seems like an all around good guy.
I love participating in this linkup as it really prompts me to get our latest excursion down in a post for the sake of our own family journal. Looking forward to your changes!