Recipe from Travels: Curried Carrot and Apple Soup, Disney’s Enchanted Garden
Did you see the yummy strawberry cheesecake recipe from Disney Dream’s Enchanted Garden restaurant? I have another recipe from the same place, this time one of their appetizers, the curried carrot and apple soup.
Curried Carrot and Apple Soup, Enchanted Garden / Disney Dream
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon curry powder
1 cup diced carrots (about 4 medium carrots) plus 1 whole carrot, divided
1 medium onion, chopped
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
4 cups vegetable broth
Coarse salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Plain yogurt, fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Heat the oil in a large, heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. Add curry powder and cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add diced carrots, onions and apple, and stir until coated with the curry powder. Sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add broth, stirring to combine.
4. Cover the pot. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until carrots and apples are very soft, about 20 to 25 minutes.
5. Puree in a blender, or with a hand-held blender. Taste, and add salt and pepper, if desired.
6. While soup is cooking, preheat oven to 400°F. Peel remaining whole carrot and cut into very thin curls. Roast for 3 to 5 minutes, or until ends are browned and crisp.
Serve: Top each bowl of soup with yogurt, roasted carrot curls and fresh parsley. Serve warm.
Check out Skimbaco Travel for the full coverage from the Disney Dream.
Full disclosure: Disney invited me to the christening cruise and all my expenses except the spa treatments were paid. My opinions are my own.
Skimbaco Lifestyle is for nomadic trailblazers, fearless founders, rebel leaders and people who live life to the fullest.