A friend of mine brought a cilantro lime black bean salad to a potluck once and she simply used freshly squeezed limes, canned black beans and fresh cilantro for her salad, and over the years I have been making this salad always testing new ingredients. I think the simple three ingredient salad is great too, but I wanted to make it a bit more colorful and add a little more flavor, and here is my end result.
Cilantro Lime Black Bean Salad Recipe
2 cans of black beans, washed and drained
1 can of white beans, washed and drained
1/2 can of corn, washed and drained
2 gloves of garlic, minced
1 jalopeno, roasted, skinned and minced
juice of 2 limes
(1/2 onion optional)
salt, pepper, cumin
1. Roast the jalopeno. Once roasted, peel the skin off and remove seeds. Mice into small.
2. Wash and drain all of the canned beans and corn. Mix in a large bowl.
3. Mince the garlic, and squeeze the lime juice and add in the bean mix.
4. Cut the tomato and add to the salad. If you want, add 1/2 onion chopped.
5. Add fresh cilantro.
5. Season with salt, pepper and cumin (optional). Mix well.