Have you tried cooking with essential oils?
Young Living’s new Vitality-line of essential oils
are meant for internal consumption, and are the perfect addition to flavor a glass of water, add to your favorite tea, create unlimited recipes or simply be used as a dietary supplement. The Vitality dietary essential oil line gives you the freedom to explore some of Young Living’s best-loved essential oils in a variety of nutritious and delicious ways. The Vitality line’s essential oils come in four distinct categories: Herb, Spice, Citrus, and Supplement. They are a great way to try a variety of essential oils, the Vitality line’s essential oils are 5ml sized bottles and priced low.
We will explore some of the Vitality line’s essential oils in yummy recipes in a new blog post series from our Enjoy Life with Oils
team. Today we are cooking: vegetarian lasagna with Basil Vitality essential oil.
Word of caution: not all essential oils are safe for internal consumption.
Do not make this recipe with just any essential oil you find online, grocery store or especially from a discount store. We only recommend Young Living’s therapeutic grade essential oils for all recipes. The best way to purchase them is by becoming a Young Living wholesale member and you can save 24% of the retail prices, but the Vitality line
is well-priced – even with retail prices! The Basil Vitality essential oil costs $14.14 for retail customers, and $10.75 for wholesale members.
Young Living is a network marketing company with an attractive business model for anyone to start a business by recommending their products for friends, however, selling is not mandatory, and anyone can become a wholesale member. The best way to become a member is by ordering one of their Premium Starter Kits.
Young Living’s Basil Vitality Essential Oil
Basil Vitality oil (Ocimum basilicum) has a sweet, warm scent and flavor. Basil is excellent in a variety of dishes and is popular in both Asian and European cooking. With Basil Vitality essential oil, it’s easy to add this well-loved seasoning to whatever you like. Using an essential oil, you’ll get a brighter flavor than dried herbs without the hassle of fresh herbs.
The Basil Vitality essential oil pairs well with savory foods, but you can also add its sweet, slightly peppery flavor to any meal. Try Basil Vitality oil with sauces, breads, soups, chicken, or seafood. Or try a sweet concoction like basil-strawberry lemonade. If you want a lighter basil flavor in your dish, dip a toothpick in the oil and swirl it in your preparations.
5 Basil Vitality Essential Oil Uses:
1. Flavor your favorite pasta sauce recipes with Basil Vitality. Add Rosemary Vitality or Oregano Vitality for even more flavor.
2. Add to deli salads, Asian- or Italian-inspired soups, and custom salad dressings or vinaigrettes to share with family and friends.
3. Boil pasta noodles in basil-infused water for a subtle flavor.
4. Pair with lime juice and melons, such as watermelon and cantaloupe, for a fresh summer treat. For a more complex flavor profile, garnish with feta.
5. Mix with a mild tea, such as chamomile. Add a dash of honey to sweeten the experience.
Young living basil lasagna (egg and dairy free)
1 box lasagna sheets
1 to 2 containers ricotta depending on how much you prefer to use (I used Kite Hill which is a really great dairy free ricotta, this is a Whole Foods exclusive).
1-3 drops of Basil Young Living Vitality oil
1 jar of tomato sauce
1 small onion (or half a large as we used)
2-4 cloves of garlic, minced
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
dash of sea salt
½ cup nutritional yeast (I like this one
, but many options out there)
optional: 1 pound quality ground meat if you don’t want to make it vegetarian
1. Start by par boiling/cooking the pasta sheets per the box instructions. When done, strain the water and lay flat on cooling racks until ready to use. This will prevent them from sticking without having to cover them in oil (which would make it harder to spread the ricotta).
2. Using a nonstick pan, sauté the onion and garlic in the oil and add the sea salt. (If adding meat, cook at the same time.) Add the tomato sauce and allow to simmer for a few minutes while the pasta finishes cooking.
3. Stir the ricotta well and then mix in the 1-3 drops of Young Living Basil oil. Be sure to mix in the oil really well so it won’t be overly concentrated in some bites.
4. Layer the lasagna:
Add a thin layer of sauce to the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
Lay pasta sheets across the bottom to cover.
Spread the ricotta on top of the lasagna sheets.
Sprinkle a little of the nutritional yeast on top of the ricotta (this adds a light cheese like flavor without using dairy).
Pour on a bit more sauce to cover the ricotta layer.
5. Repeat the step 4 until the pan is almost full or supplies are used up. You’ll want to leave a little bit of room in the dish for everything to further expand.
6. Cover with tinfoil and bake for about 40 to 45 minutes at 375 degrees. The lasagna is done when it has puffed up a bit in the center as well as the edges and it sizzling a little bit. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before cutting into.
Learn More About Essential Oils
Essential oils are not just a fad, but herbs and the essence of flowers, plants and trees have been used since the ancient times. Let the essence from the nature change how you feel and get started with your path to wellness with essential oils today. Read 18 reasons why join Young Living
as a wholesale member to kickstart your oil-inflused wellness lifestyle and head to Enjoy Life with Oils
to read more about our oily lifestyle.
Read to jump in? Get the Premium Starter Kit with 11 essential oils
, a dewdrop diffuser and much more for $160. We will also invite you to our Enjoy Life with Oils Team’s Facebook group, send you educational material and get you started with the oily lifestyle in a team that focuses in living life to the fullest. We would love to see YOU there too!